Thursday, July 23, 2026

A Peculiar Handwriting Quirk of Mine

Hang on, we like to go fast!
    —I like fast!

—Kristoff and Anna, Frozen (2013) 

Another short-form today:  Most of the time, I just need to get my math written on paper really fast, so I can spend the other times thinking what to do next.  So I take a couple of shortcuts: work smarter, not harder.

But sadly, it still has to stay legible; I'm sure y'all have restarted at least a few math problems this week because you flipped $x$ and $y$ and messed everything else up.

This week I found that I was too inspired by cursive and started to bridge together my subscripts and my letters, and end up not recognizing whether I wrote an $A$ with an extra swoosh at the end or $A_1$.  My solution so far has been to add an extra loop just before when I start writing the subscript.  That way it's fast, but still readable.  Like this:

Until my handwriting degenerates next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment

A Peculiar Handwriting Quirk of Mine

Hang on, we like to go fast!     —I like fast! —Kristoff and Anna,  Frozen (2013)  Another short-form today:  Most of the time, I just need...